4.08.2007

Inner City Jam Band - What I Did For Love (Moxie Re-edit)

Re-editing disco songs is nothing new. The version of MFSB's Love Is The Message that's been danced to in clubs for the last thirty years is a re-edit based on the instrumental coda of the somewhat cheesy original full-length version.

These days, anyone with ProTools and a dream can re-edit songs. As a practioner of that artform, I can attest that it's quite fun. That doesn't mean the results are always great, though. I've heard quite a few clunky edits in my years of record shopping.

Moxie is a record label that only releases re-edits and the results are usually pretty great. They don't provide the original song info, so it took a chance listen at record store for me to learn that this track was the Inner City Jam Band. The re-edit is fantastic and really just snips out the boring parts of the original.

What I Did For Love is originally from 1977 (on Bareback Records, ok) and was written by Marvin Hamlish!

Listen to more of the Moxie catalog here.

What I Did For Love (Moxie Re-edit)