2.26.2007

Gayle Adams - Your Love Is A Life Saver


This track has a lot of elements that are pretty brilliant. Released on the mighty Prelude Records in 1980, this is the "Special Disco Mix by Francois K." The moment after the break when the horns and strings come back in always makes me want to wet myself. And the synth bass is just about perfect.

Gayle Adams has a few great songs including Love Fever which features a bowel-rattling bass line. Francois Kervorkian has had a remarkable career and you're pretty safe buying any track that has his name on it. He was one of three DJ's at New York's Body & Soul party. If you were lucky enough to be at the recent reunion party, you know why I dig him.

A music nerd observation: I noticed that this track suffered a lot in the transfer to mp3. I ripped this from a 12" which sounds great and the AIFF file (which is CD quality) sounds pretty darn good. I just sounds a bit squooshed as an mp3. I guess that's why they call it "compression."

Your Love Is A Life Saver